A rare makeup post of my very small collection of lipsticks. I’ve never been much of a lip product person, but lately I’ve been wearing lip colour more and more. I find that it really ties my makeup look together and is a great way to make a statement.
My skin is currently lightly tanned, probably about NC35. My lips are pigmented so I don’t suit cool tones, bright pinks, sheers/stains and icy nudes. Simply put, I’m VERY picky about my lipsticks!
Indoor light (no flash)
Indoor light (flash)
Revlon Creme 672 Brazilian Tan – simple, everyday nude. Great for pigmented lips and tanned skintones.
YSL Rouge Volupte 9 Caress Pink – moisturising, great finish, great pigmentation, very flattering. Didn’t think the pink would suit me!
Revlon Matte Balm 225 Sultry – truly matte. Great colour for autumn/winter months.
Won’t buy again
MAC Satin Myth – too light. Why did I ever buy this?
Revlon Balm Stain 020 Lovesick – the pink is very gaudy and flashy on my lips. I use this as a cheek stain now.
Revlon Pearl 026 Abstract Orange – sheer formula which makes my lips sparkle in a weird way… hard to build up without looking over the top.
Heh. bit of a late review on a product that’s been out for the better part of the year. I actually took these pics back in Oct’11 but life got in the way of blogging (excuses excuses).
Anyhoot! For starters.. they’ve really nailed it packaging-wise! Really smart to have the lids correspond to each color. makes fishing out the one you need a slightly simpler task (unless they look alike like in my case hahah -_-).
As you can see, Sugar Plum is more of a day-to-day lippie and Raspberry Pie comes out to play whenever I’m feeling particularly awesome =p.
– quite a selection of both sheer & more opaque shades, about 20 i think!
– its really moisturizing so no need for a lipbalm prior to application.
– unscented, which is just super.
– it’s not particularly long wearing (but it’s never claimed to be). reapply everytime you’ve had a meal. or once every 2hrs or so.
– the product is sooo soft, it dents easily. I’ve read in a forum that it can just break in the tube. kinda frail for a lippie methinks? Hopefully that was just a fluke.
Price: Rp 75.ooo,- or about US$8.
Buy again: I probably won’t.. since I’ve already picked the shades that i wanted. Waiting on their JustKissed balm stain actually!